Cash App has introduced its own debit card that can be used just like any other bank debit card. The Cash App card is known as Cash Card and can be used to make payments, shop at merchants or even withdraw cash from an ATM-like any traditional bank debit card. The Cash Card is linked to the Cash App account so money is debited from your Cash App account and not your bank account.
However, to use a Cash Card you first need to request and order it on Cash App because you will not get it by default.
Here we will discuss how to get a Cash Card and how to activate your Cash App Card.
How to Request a Cash Card on Cash App
If you don’t have a cash card already, follow these 9 steps to order the card.
- Install the Cash App on your device. Then register your account on Cash App by following the steps given on this website.
- Now launch the Cash App on your mobile device.
- Click on the card icon located at the left bottom of the home screen.
- Now tap on the “Order” tab in green colour.
- On the following page, you will be provided with the options to choose the colour of your Cash Card. you can choose between white or black as of now.
- On the next page, you will be asked if you want your unique $Cashtag to appear on your Cash App card or not. Here you can also choose the option to add your signature or a customized drawing to appear on your card.
- On the following page, you will be asked to fill up your mailing address where your Cash Card must be delivered.
- Now here you will be asked to provide your first and last name that must be printed on your Cash App Card.
- On the next page, you have to provide your birth details. You can not request a Cash App Card if you are not at least 18 years of age.
- On the following page, you must provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.
- After clicking next, you will be shown a confirmation message. You need to confirm the details provided and then click on the continue tab.
- As you click on the Continue tab you will be redirected to the “Add Funds” page where you can add cash in your Cash App account that can be used with your Cash Card later.
It takes at least 10 business days for a Cash Card to be delivered to your mailing address.
How to Activate Cash Card From Cash App
Most of the time people complain that “Cash App Card Won’t Activate”, and some also query about “How do I activate my Cash App Card.” But worry not, here you will get all the details on How to activate your Cash App Card. It is very simple and easy to do and can be done all by yourself. There are two ways to activate Cash App Card online.
Steps to Activate Your Cash App Card With QR Code
Step: 1- Launch the Cash App on your device.
Step: 2- Now tap on the Cash Card icon located at the bottom of the screen.
Step: 3- Now initiate the activation process by clicking on “Activate Cash Card”.
Step: 4- On the next page, you will have to scan the QR CODE printed on your Cash Card with the help of your mobile or device camera.
Step: 5- Keep focused on the QR Code until the camera has scanned the code properly and the Cash App has aligned successfully.
Step: 6- Once the scan process is successful, your Cash Card is ready to be used.
Steps to Activate Cash App Card Without QR Code
I can also activate my cash app card without scanning QR code, To know how to follow these steps.
1. Open the app on your device or mobile.
2. Click on the Cash Card icon on the bottom of the home screen.
3. Initiate the activation process by tapping on “Activate Cash Card”.
4. Now click on the “Missing QR Code” and then select “Use CVV Instead.”
5. On the next page, enter the CVV code and expiry date printed on your Cash Card. Click to confirm.
6. You will get a confirmation message and your Cash App Card is ready to use.
What is QR Code
We all are familiar with the BAR code, the black strips on the price tag. QR code is an extension of the bar code. QR code stands for Quick response code. QR code contains information of the product and data for locator or identifier that redirects it towards parent source. QR code can be optimized to be identified by certain applications.